Broad Bean and Mint Salad - Clare Dixey
Use up your glut of broad beans to make this fresh, summery salad! Clare says "I have lots of braod beans this year which is great. I always freeze them and they freeze really nicely."
- 1 shallot or onion
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of fresh mint
- A handful of broad beans
- A handful of fine green beans
- Olive oil
- Finely chop a shallot or onion.
- Finely chop a garlic clove.
- Fry gently until soft. Add a good handful of finely chopped fresh mint.
- Blanch a couple of handfuls of broad beans and fine green beans.
- Once blanched add into the onion, garlic and mint and mix.
- Add some additional olive oil to your requirements.
Try growing your own broad beans, like Clare, to make this yummy salad with. Broad Bean 'Aquadulce Claudia' is easy to grow and produces an early crop.
Mint is an extremely versatile herb which is very easy to grow, it is best grown in containers to control its vigorous growth.