If you have a glut of juicy blackcurrants in your garden this summer, why not try this simple yet tasty blackcurrant buns recipe sent to us by Oxpecker on our Twitter page
- 100-150g blackcurrants (frozen is fine)
- 65g butter
- 65g sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tspn vanilla essence
- 130g ground almonds (or 100g ground almonds and 30g self-raising flour)
- ½ tspn baking powder
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then add the eggs and beat together.
- Add the vanilla essence, ground almonds and baking powder and stir together.
- Stir in the blackcurrants.
- Either spoon into a cake tin or bun cases and bake in a medium oven (180 degrees C / gas 5) for about 15-20 mins (buns) or 20-30 mins (if you make it as a whole cake).