On this site we will collect information from you in several different ways. By collecting personal information from you we are able to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customised experience. For example:
- You will only need to enter your personal information once.
- We will be able to create content for the site which is more relevant to you.
- Information, products, and services will be easier to find.
- We will be able to communicate new information, products, and services to you.
You have the option to complete an online registration form when using certain parts of this Site or when ordering products, You will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information during registration, including but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number and email address. This personal information is used for billing purposes, to fulfil your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
Whilst using this Site, there will be several opportunities to enter your email address including (but not limited to):
- To request us to notify you when we receive new supplies of an out of stock item.
- To sign up for our email newsletter.
- To leave a review of one of our products.
- To enter competitions.
Your participation in a competition is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and provide information to us. We use this information to notify competition winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of competition winners.
If you have ordered a product in the past, you may choose to submit a product review. In order to post a review we will request your email address and geographic location, only your geographic location will be visible to other users, we will keep your email address kept private. Please be aware that any personally identifiable information submitted as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can post a helpful review without disclosing any personal information.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer and we do not store any credit card details on our website, you will be requested to enter these each time you shop with us.
By enabling cookies you will be able to do the following:
- Place an order on our website
- Remember what is in your shopping basket for 365 days
- Remember your login details
- Enable us to make recommendations of products to you
The cookies that are used on this website are as follows:
We use this information to understand how the website is being used and enable us to improve the user experience. All user data is anonymous.
This cookie is set only if you get to the order confirmation page after checkout. It allows us to reward a site affiliate that has referred traffic to us.
We work with SLI Systems to provide our on-site product and information search. A cookie is set which helps us to improve the service for our users by providing more relevant search results.
There are a few external services that are used on our website mostly to display content within our web pages. For example we use YouTube to show videos and Flickr to display some images. As with social buttons, such as Facebook and Twitter, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged into these services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information such as the number of times a visitor has viewed a video. We work with these external services on the basis that they adhere to their privacy policies. To view their privacy policies, please click on one of the underlined links above.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the "help" menu on your browser.
- Internal Use. To enable us to process your order and provide you with customer service we will use your personal information. We may also use this information to improve our Site's content and layout and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- Communications with You. Your personal information will also be used to communicate with you about our Site and your orders and deliveries. We will send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to notify you when we receive fresh stock of an out of stock item, to sign up for our email newsletter, entry to competitions or leave a review of one of our products. If you provide us with your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always allow you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great selection - we primarily sell merchandise, not information. We occasionally rent personal information to carefully selected businesses. We may also distribute information in the following ways:
- As do most catalogue and Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, it is purely to help them to perform their service. We partner with third parties to deliver products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. In the example of shippers, we provide them some personally identifiable information such as your name, delivery address, email, and phone number.
- Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state of-the-art data encryption to protect your information.
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to requests from law-enforcement officials conducting investigations; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, enforce our Terms of Business or other agreements, or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use our Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
This Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") for all financial transactions through this Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. We rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
Upon your request, we will within a reasonable timescale:
- Correct or update your personal information
- Stop sending emails to your email address; and/or
- Disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account.
You can make these requests at the customer information section of this site (myaccount) or by contacting our customer care department. Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.