The ideal candidate will be someone with grower experience and expertise, who has meticulous attention to detail and organisational skills. Being able to plan ahead, quickly adapting to changing demands as well as communicating and recording key messages clearly are also essential.
- To coordinate the container and seed trials including the ordering of samples, booking in of samples, planting and maintaining containers and keeping all records up to date.
- Prepare plant material for Customer trials and trials with gardening magazines.
- Ensure all customer trials entries are grown and the results recorded.
- Organise and record technical trials applying different culture or treatments to plant material and recording the results.
- Where required provide supplier feedback on completion of the trials.
- Ensure all trials material is presented to a high standard on both the our site and public facing sites and is maintained until such a time it is no longer required.
- Conduct seed crop quality grow out trials.
- Liaise with the key personnel to plan and carry out the growing of plants for the flower trials Holland, Chelsea Show and other UK exhibitions and to record this information ensuring varieties are sown on time, produced to a high standard and flowering times recorded. Assist with the set up off these events when required.
- Undertake new variety photography where applicable and advise relevant colleagues of varieties ready for photography.
- Assist with customers visiting the trials sites, including members of the press.
- To communicate regularly with relevant colleagues giving regular progress reports and highlighting an key messages.
- To participate in inter-departmental projects, as and when required.
- To participate in the watering rota (includes some weekend requirements)
- Horticultural / Grower experience
- Sound background in growing a range of ornamental plants
- Ability to communicate information accurately and effectively both verbally and in writing both with colleagues and external suppliers
- Good organisational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and fast changing priorities Eye for detail and quality
- Horticultural Qualifications
- NVQ Level 3 or Diploma
- PA1 & PA6 Spraying Cert
- Previous experience in a trials environment or growing for exhibitions or putting together show displays
- Working as a grower or trials manager
- Good organisational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and fast changing priorities
Interested? Contact Mel Wood via email@example.com quoting MW050516-TMHK sending your CV and salary expectations.
Closing date Friday 20th May 2016