Garlic 'Grow Your Own Collection' (Autumn Planting)
Autumn planting. Hardneck/ Softneck.
Easy to grow and so good for you!
- Collection comprises 1 bulb each of the following autumn planting varieities:
- Garlic ‘Red Donetsk’ - A strong flavoured variety originating from Ukraine, with attractive purple striping.
- Garlic ‘Early Purple Wight’ - The earliest hardneck variety currently available from autumn planting.
- Garlic ‘Lautrec Wight’ - France's finest hardneck garlic producing very pretty bulbs with white outer skins and deep pink cloves.
- Garlic ‘Vallelado’ - A spanish softneck variety with strong flavour, developed in the north of the country, making it better suited to the UK climate and growing conditions.
- Garlic ‘Wight Cristo’ - A softneck variety producing pure white bulbs with an elegant bouquet.
- Garlic ‘Solent Wight’ - A reliable softneck variety which is one of the best for its overall eating and keeping qualities.
- Garlic ‘Red Duke’ - Described as hot and spicy in taste tests. A white-skinned hardneck variety with purple-cased cloves.
- Garlic ‘Carcassonne Wight’ - Produces pink cloves, similar to Lautrec, but are possibly of a superior bouquet and character.
- Garlic ‘Provence Wight’ - Provence can produce bulbs that approach Elephant Garlic size. The large, fat cloves are superb in aioli and bouillabaisse, but adds a 'taste of Provence' to all of your garlic recipes.
- Garlic ‘Germidour’ - This softneck variety produces large, white bulbs with a mild but still rich flavour.
PLUS 5 cloves of Elephant Garlic!
How to grow garlic
Rhubarb 'Raspberry Red' (Autumn Planting)
Rheum x hybridum
Enjoy thick, deep red stalks with a superb sweet flavour from this vigorous Autumn planting rhubarb. The high quality, tender stems of Rhubarb 'Raspberry Red' can be harvested early in the season, without the need for forcing. Delicious in pies and crumbles! These budded pieces, taken from established crowns will quickly mature, resulting in crowns big enough to harvest from 2 years after planting. Height: 60cm (24"). Spread: 120cm (48").
How to grow rhubarb
Shallot 'Jermor' (Autumn Planting)
Allium cepa (Aggregatum Group)
Shallot 'Jermor' is from French production of Jersey 'half long' types with long, rather than rounded bulbs that are often referred to as 'banana' shallots. The shiny copper-skinned bulbs with crisp, pink-tinged flesh make this a favourite with exhibitors. This RHS AGM variety is equally popular in the kitchen for its superb sweet taste. An excellent variety for autumn planting with good storage potential. Height: 35cm (14"). Spread: 15cm (6").