This collection includes five of the most popular and colourful summer-flowering bulbs: Allium Shaerocephalon, Brodiaea, Allium moly, Anemone Blanda and Gladioli mix. Plant them amongst perennials for a pop of colour or in borders and patio pots for a bright display. Supplied as bulbs. These bulbs can be planted straight away, but will be fine to plant right through to late April. The bulbs will begin to flower in 10-12 weeks, although it will vary for each variety with the final flowers coming in July to August.
- Collection includes -Allium sphaerocephalon (120 bulbs) - An understated allium with unusual oval shaped, purple green flower heads, that associates beautifully with swaying grasses. Height: 60cm (24"). Spread: 8cm (3").
- Brodiaea 'Queen Fabiola' (95 bulbs) - Sturdy stems carry multiple clusters of up to 25 lilac-blue flowers. Its long swathes of grassy foliage die back in late spring just as the flowers come into bloom. Height: 30cm (12"). Spread: 10cm (4").
- Allium moly (95 bulbs) -A vigorous little allium with golden yellow flowers that is ideal for naturalising in informal planting schemes. Height: 15cm (6"). Spread: 5cm .
- Anemone Blanda (95 bulbs) - Create a spring carpet of delicate flowers in a mixture of pastel tints with these soft Anemone plants. Delightful daisy shaped blooms with a golden eye are carried above soft green dissected leaves. These graceful beauties are ideal for planting through rockeries, borders and alpine troughs. For maximum impact, try naturalising them in drifts through grass or open woodland. Height: 10cm (4"). Spread: 15cm (6").
- Gladioli mix (20 bulbs) - The hardiest gladioli available! These tough little sword lilies are excellent for planting in groups where they will form large clumps over time. The beautiful hand-painted blooms of hardy Gladioli Mixed are carried on compact stems that won’t need staking, and the loose spikes of bloom make superb cut flowers too. Height: 60cm (24"). Spread: 15cm (6").
Plant spring bulbs in sun or semi-shade on well drained soil. Alternatively, grow bulbs in containers of loam based compost such as John Innes No.2. Plant the bulbs at a depth of approximately 3 times their own height.
After flowering, allow the foliage to die back completely before removing it in late summer.
Caution: irritant to skin and eyes,harmful if eaten
Seeds and garden supplies will normally be delivered within the time period stated against each product as detailed above. Plants, bulbs, corms, tubers, shrubs, trees, potatoes, etc. are delivered at the appropriate time for planting or potting on. Delivery times will be stated on the product page above, or in your order acknowledgement page and email.
Orders for packets of seed incur a delivery charge of £2.99.
Orders which include any other products will incur a delivery charge of £6.99.
Where an order includes both packets of seeds and other products, a maximum delivery charge of £7.99 will apply - regardless of the number of items ordered.
Large items may incur a higher delivery charge - this will be displayed in your shopping basket.
Please see our Delivery page for further details, and more information on different charges that may apply to certain destinations.
For more information on how we send your plants please visit our Helpful Guide on plant sizes.