Sow from March when the soil is warm. For a continuous crop of radishes throughout the summer, sow at fortnightly intervals.
1. Prepare the soil well by raking until it is fine and crumbly, removing any large stones.
2. Make 1cm (1/2in) shallow channels (drills) in the soil 30cm (12in) apart.
3. Separate seed tapes at the perforation and if necessary cut to desired length.
4. Water the open drill so that the seed tape sticks to the soil well.
5. Place the seed tape in the seed drill, along each row.
6. Cover the seed tapes and gently firm the soil down using the back of a rake.
7. Water regularly and keep moist but not over wet.
8. Keep the plants cool and moist to prevent running to seed.
9. Harvest as soon as the roots reach a reasonable size to prevent them from going woody.
When growing radishes, prevent them running to seed by keeping plants cool and well watered, particularly during hot, dry periods. Excessive watering should also be avoided as this will encourage radish leaf growth instead of root development. Harvest radishes 3 to 4 weeks after sowing when roots reach a reasonable size. Delayed harvesting may result in hot, pithy roots.
Seeds and garden supplies will normally be delivered within the time period stated against each product as detailed above.
Despatch: Within 24 hours applies to orders placed online from Sunday to Thursday. Orders placed online on Friday or Saturday will be despatched on Monday. Please note that for Bank Holiday weekends, orders placed Friday to Sunday will be despatched on Tuesday.
Plants, bulbs, corms, tubers, shrubs, trees, potatoes etc are delivered at the appropriate time for planting and will be stated on the product page or in your order acknowledgement page and email.
Orders for packets of seed incur a P&P charge of £1.95.
Orders which include any other products will incur a P&P charge of £4.95.
Where an order includes both packets of seeds and other products a maximum P&P charge of £6.90 will apply - regardless of the number of items ordered.
Please see our Delivery / P&P page for further details and details of any surcharges that may apply to certain destinations.
You will be redirected to login/registration page to post your review.
Reviews are subjected to approval.