Brussels Sprout 'Trafalgar' F1 Hybrid
Brassica oleracea (Gemmifera Group)
Thanks to continuous breeding work striving for a better, sweeter flavour, this modern hybrid has a superb flavour that sets it apart from other varieties. Brussels Sprout ‘Trafalgar’ produces a heavy crop of medium sized, firm button sprouts from mid December to late March that will retain their excellent quality over a long period of time. Height: 75cm (30”). Spread: 50cm (20”).
Andrew Tokely says: "For the past 10 years this has been the only variety of Brussels Sprout that I have grown on my plots. The strong plants produce good size buttons and will stand well though all weathers well past Christmas.Their sweet flavour means sprouts can now be enjoyed by all the family."
Companion planting: Try growing Brussels sprouts with Nasturtiums to draw cabbage white butterflies away from your crop, and mint to help deter flea beetles.
Spinach 'Perpetual' (Spinach Beet)
Beta vulgaris var. vulgaris
If your summer spinach is always running to seed before you manage to get a worthwhile crop off it, then Spinach Perpetual is the variety for you because it virtually never runs to seed in its first season, therefore very good on dry ground. Spinach Perpetual is succulent, prolific and very hardy, suitable for autumn and winter crops too.
- Traditional cooking spinach
Traditional Kitchen Favourite Collection
Grow your own traditional kitchen favourite vegetables from seed and enjoy harvests throughout the year!
- In this collection you will receive the following varieties:
- Broccoli 'Belstar' - The firm heads of this RHS AGM variety remain in good condition for a long time, producing plenty of side shoots once the central head is cut
- Brussels Sprout 'Trafalgar' - Thanks to continuous breeding work striving for a better, sweeter flavour, this modern hybrid has a superb flavour that sets it apart from other varieties
- Cauliflower 'Gypsy' - Cauliflower ‘Gyspy’ is a particularly useful summer variety, producing deep, round, white curds without the pink tinge which can often occur on summer Cauliflowers.
- Parsnip 'Gladiator' - A superb RHS AGM F1 hybrid that is ideal for exhibition, with beautiful silky-smooth blemish free, white skins.
- Pea 'Hurst Green Shaft' - Pea 'Hurst Green Shaft' is double podded, producing particularly heavy yields of up to 11 peas per 10cm (4") pod.
- Sweetcorn 'Lark' - Sweetcorn Lark is a tendersweet variety giving superior sweetness with a softer, less chewy texture than supersweets, making kernels more pleasurable to eat as well as easier to digest.