Garlic 'Grow Your Own Collection' (Autumn Planting)
Autumn planting. Hardneck/ Softneck.
Easy to grow and so good for you!
- Collection comprises 1 bulb each of the following autumn planting varieities:
- Garlic ‘Red Donetsk’ - A strong flavoured variety originating from Ukraine, with attractive purple striping.
- Garlic ‘Early Purple Wight’ - The earliest hardneck variety currently available from autumn planting.
- Garlic ‘Lautrec Wight’ - France's finest hardneck garlic producing very pretty bulbs with white outer skins and deep pink cloves.
- Garlic ‘Vallelado’ - A spanish softneck variety with strong flavour, developed in the north of the country, making it better suited to the UK climate and growing conditions.
- Garlic ‘Wight Cristo’ - A softneck variety producing pure white bulbs with an elegant bouquet.
- Garlic ‘Solent Wight’ - A reliable softneck variety which is one of the best for its overall eating and keeping qualities.
- Garlic ‘Red Duke’ - Described as hot and spicy in taste tests. A white-skinned hardneck variety with purple-cased cloves.
- Garlic ‘Carcassonne Wight’ - Produces pink cloves, similar to Lautrec, but are possibly of a superior bouquet and character.
- Garlic ‘Provence Wight’ - Provence can produce bulbs that approach Elephant Garlic size. The large, fat cloves are superb in aioli and bouillabaisse, but adds a 'taste of Provence' to all of your garlic recipes.
- Garlic ‘Germidour’ - This softneck variety produces large, white bulbs with a mild but still rich flavour.
PLUS 5 cloves of Elephant Garlic!
How to grow garlic