Thompson & Morgan is an exciting multi channel retailer which is currently transitioning from being a traditional mail order & retail business with an extensive customer database, to a leading digital provider with an extended product range both in the UK and Worldwide. Following our recent acquisition by BVG Group a new role has been created to provide senior technical support to the business within the IT team.
The successful candidate will act as the senior IT lead on site and will take on responsibility for some elements of the Head of IT’s role whilst they are on maternity leave.
The main objective and focus of this role will be to provide network & server support and data maintenance, ensuring that business-critical functions and IT projects are fully managed. This role is a fixed term 12 month contract.
As a senior IT representative within the business, the perfect candidate is someone who possesses a wide range of skills including:
- Excellent knowledge of the implementation, installation and configuration of Microsoft products (Servers Windows 2008 to 2012 R2 Std – Windows XP, Windows 7-10)
- High level of knowledge and experience of best practice in data manipulation and conversion
- Infrastructure support (Microsoft Hyper-V hosted by Iscsi) configuration & maintenance
- SQL 2012/14 install, maintenance and T-SQL scripting
- Communication, time management and workload planning
The right person will also be extremely delivery focused with a huge appetite for working at a rapid pace.
Further skills to really win us over are:
Interested? If so apply today!
- A working knowledge of CRM, ERP and other information systems
- Vendor management
- Capable of adding value to existing processes
- Backup and restore solutions
- Firewall and VPN management
- Hardware maintenance of company assets – servers, pcs, laptops, tablets etc
If you are interested in this position please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter, stating your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Closing date Friday 31st March 2017