Perennial Seed Mix
A well planned perennial border is a magnificent sight in summer! Flowering year after year, getting bigger each season, hardy perennials represent superb value for money - even more so when you buy perennials from seed. To help you make the most of your borders, we have grouped together varieties by height to help you achieve a balanced display. Height: Up to 120cm (47"). Spread: Up to 60cm (24").
- Tall Perennials
- Lupin 'Tutti Frutti' (40 seeds) - A mouthwatering range of attractive bicoloured flower spikes.
- Aquilegia 'McKana Giants' (200 seeds) - Free-flowering, long spurred Columbines.
- Echinacea 'Pink Parasol' (35 seeds) - Deep purplish-pink blooms, with contrasting orange cones.
- Eryngium 'Miss Wilmott's Ghost' (30 seeds) - Steel-blue cones surrounded by a collar of prickly, silver leaves.
- Delphinium 'Magic Fountains' (40 seeds) - The majesty of Delphinium blooms with a neat, dwarf habit.
- Mid-height Perennials
- Astrantia 'Ruby Cloud' (22 seeds) - Large flowers of ruby, tinged in apple green.
- Echinacea 'Magic Box' (30 seeds) - A stunning colour range and superior garden performance.
- Rudbeckia 'Goldstrum' (100 seeds) - A profusion of bright golden flowers on bushy plants.
- Lysimachia atropurpurea (40 seeds) - Many spikes of claret-red, almost black florets - a highly unusual colour in perennials.
- Meconopsis grandis (30 seeds) - Wonderful blue Poppies, shot with violet on erect stems.
- Short Perennials
- Wallflower 'Tom Thumb' (200 seeds) - Versatile and undemanding, with a very wide colour range.
- Veronica 'Mixed Colours' (50 seeds) - Many erect spikes, full of tiny flowers.
- Nepeta 'Blue Moon' (30 seeds) - A neat, dwarf, bushy, habit, with large dense blue flower spikes.
- Aubrieta 'T&M Mixed Hybrids'(400 seeds) - A large-flowered mix with a rich colour range.
- Viola 'Rose Shades' (30 seeds) - A delightful bushy, compact and free flowering variety.
Delphinium 'New Zealand Duo'
One packet each of Delphinium New Zealand Hybrids and Delphinium hybrida New Zealand Doubles Mixed. Delphinium New Zealand Hybrids: Top quality strong flower spikes in a wide range of colours. Bred for its exceptional garden performance and outstanding disease resistance to black spot and powdery mildew. The highest quality Delphiniums ever to be available from seed. Stunning in borders or as a cut flower. Height: 120-150cm (4-5ft). Delphinium hybrida New Zealand Doubles Mixed: Layer upon layer of soft petals make up the tight double blooms on this indulgent new mixture, a sister breeding line to the ever popular New Zealand Hybrids. Dreamy spires in calming shades of pale mauves, bold blues, pinks, cool whites and creams create an awesome presence in perennial borders, with the added benefits of flowering longer, stronger growing and mildew resistance than other Delphiniums. Height: 120-150cm (4-5ft).
Foxglove 'Mountains Collection'
One packet each of:
Foxglove 'Candy Mountain'
T&M Original. Foxglove Candy Mountain is totally unique as it is the first upward facing foxglove from seed. This unusual characteristic enables you, and the bees, to peep inside the stunning rose pink blooms and view their delightful freckled throats, which appear all the way around the stems. These flower stems are so strong, sturdy and erect that in breeding trials Candy Mountain was given the nickname 'Viagra'! Ideal for planting in drifts, creating a colourful display towards the middle or back of your perennial or cottage garden borders. Height: 90-140cm (36-56 inches)
Foxglove 'Snowy Mountain'
Hot on the heels of Foxglove Candy Mountain, this striking white version has been developed by flower breeders. Each unique upward-facing bloom is peppered inside with delicate purple spots which will tempt bees and other insects. Tall sturdy spires of flowers will create an eye-catching display in cottage garden borders. Will grow in any garden soil in full sun or part shade.