Perennial Flower Border Seed Collection
A well planned flower border is a magnificent sight in summer! This colourful mix of annuals and perennials will brighten up any garden. To help you make the most of your borders, we have grouped together varieties by height to help you achieve a balanced display. Height: Up to 150cm (59"). Spread: Up to 60cm (24").
- Tall Flowers
- Lupin 'Tutti Frutti' (40 seeds) - A mouth-watering range of attractive bicoloured flower spikes.
- Delphinium 'Tall Black Knight' (100 seeds) - Tall, robust, candle-like flower spikes packing with attractive, deep blue blooms.
- Foxglove 'Excelsior Hybrid Mixed' (2500 seeds) - Superb for shady shrub and tree areas, backs of borders and excellent for cut flowers.
- Melianthus 'Major' (10 seeds) - Blue-green spiky foliage, which has a sweet peanut butter fragrance when crushed.
- Verbena bonariensis (200 seeds) - This elegant perennial is at its most effective when planted in large swathes.
- Mid-height Flowers
- Astrantia 'Ruby Cloud' (22 seeds) - Large flowers of ruby, tinged in apple green.
- Echinacea 'Magic Box' (30 seeds) - A stunning colour range and superior garden performance.
- Penstemon 'Wedding Bells' (50 seeds) - Satin, bell-shaped flowers are carried above glossy, semi-evergreen foliage.
- Lysimachia atropurpurea (40 seeds) - Many spikes of claret-red, almost black florets - a highly unusual colour in perennials.
- Silene 'Jack Flash' (15 seeds) - Attractive bright red, starburst blooms borne on slender stems.
- Short Flowers
- Gaillardia 'Arizona Sun' (20 seeds) - This low maintenance, hardy perennial is trouble-free and even copes well on poor, dry soils.
- Veronica 'Mixed Colours' (50 seeds) - Many erect spikes, full of tiny flowers.
- Nepeta 'Blue Moon' (30 seeds) - A neat, dwarf, bushy, habit, with large dense blue flower spikes.
- Pinks 'Sweetness Mixed' (50 seeds) - Dwarf, bushy, spreading plants; ideal for cottage or perennial borders.
- Viola 'Rose Shades' (30 seeds) - A delightful bushy, compact and free flowering variety.
Delphinium 'New Zealand Duo'
One packet each of Delphinium New Zealand Hybrids and Delphinium hybrida New Zealand Doubles Mixed. Delphinium New Zealand Hybrids: Top quality strong flower spikes in a wide range of colours. Bred for its exceptional garden performance and outstanding disease resistance to black spot and powdery mildew. The highest quality Delphiniums ever to be available from seed. Stunning in borders or as a cut flower. Height: 120-150cm (4-5ft). Delphinium hybrida New Zealand Doubles Mixed: Layer upon layer of soft petals make up the tight double blooms on this indulgent new mixture, a sister breeding line to the ever popular New Zealand Hybrids. Dreamy spires in calming shades of pale mauves, bold blues, pinks, cool whites and creams create an awesome presence in perennial borders, with the added benefits of flowering longer, stronger growing and mildew resistance than other Delphiniums. Height: 120-150cm (4-5ft).
Hellebore 'Washfield Doubles'
Helleborus x hybridus
Breathtaking, double-flowered Hellebores from the Washfield collection, bred to perfection, adding sheer delight to your borders early each year. T&M are proud to continue the breeding work started over 20 years ago by Hellebore specialist Elizabeth Strangman, and want to share her passion for these intriguing plants with you. These delightful doubles are in a wide colour range including yellows, greens, blacks, reds, apricots and much more. Height: 45-60cm (18-24in).
Please note that stock of this item will be available from June 2012.