Spring Bulbs In The Green Collection
Plant a carpet of colour with our 'Bulbs in the Green' Collection. Once established, these easy to grow, native bulbs require little maintenance. They will quickly cover the ground beneath deciduous trees and shrubs, or naturalise in grass for a spectacular springtime display.
Bulbs supplied 'in the green', means that they have just flowered. Being supplied in current growth means the plants will be much easier to establish in your own garden.
- English Bluebells- The nodding, violet-blue flowers of these hardy, native bulbs attract insects to their delicately scented flowers. Height: 30cm (12"). Spread: 8cm (3").
- Snowdrops - Drifts of graceful nodding snowdrops signal winters end with an understated elegance. Height: 15cm (6"). Spread: 10cm (4").
- Aconites - A springtime carpet of golden/yellow blooms that will quickly multiply. Height: 8cm (3"). Spread: 5cm (2").
Summer Flowering Bulb Collection
This collection includes five of the most popular and colourful summer-flowering bulbs: Allium Shaerocephalon, Allium Moly, Brodiaea, Oxalis and Gladioli mix. Plant them amongst perennials for a pop of colour or in borders and patio pots for a bright display. Supplied as bulbs. These bulbs can be planted straight away, but will be fine to plant right through to late April. The bulbs will begin to flower in 10-12 weeks, although it will vary for each variety with the final flowers coming in July to August.
- Collection includes -Allium sphaerocephalon (50 bulbs) - An understated allium with unusual oval shaped, purple green flower heads, that associates beautifully with swaying grasses. Height: 60cm (24"). Spread: 8cm (3").Bulb size 4/5.
- Allium moly (80 bulbs) - A vigorous little allium bearing dense clusters of star-shaped, golden yellow flowers from late spring. Neat clumps of grey-green, strap-like foliage are quick to establish and will rapidly spread to naturalize beneath shrubs and throughout woodland areas. Allium moly is easy to grow, needing little attention throughout the season, and returning in a bigger and better display each year. Bulb size 4/5. Height: 15cm (6"). Spread: 5cm (2").
- Brodiaea (90 bulbs) - A good all rounder, perfect for planting in containers, borders and rockeries. Produces clusters of double funnel shaped blooms in a rich bluish mauve. An easy to grow spring bloomer, excellent for seasonal cut flower displays – stems will last up to two weeks in the vase. Bulb size 4/5.
- Oxalis (40 bulbs) - This ornamental Shamrock is as versatile as it is pretty. Oxalis tetraphylla 'Iron Cross' is mainly grown for its clover-like, bright green leaves with a dark purple band at the base of each leaflet. From early summer, the distinctive foliage is paired with rosy pink, tubular flowers. Bulb size 4/5. Height and spread: 15cm (6").
- Gladioli mix (20 bulbs) - The hardiest gladioli available! These tough little sword lilies are excellent for planting in groups where they will form large clumps over time. The beautiful hand-painted blooms of hardy Gladioli Mixed are carried on compact stems that won’t need staking, and the loose spikes of bloom make superb cut flowers too. Height: 60cm (24"). Spread: 15cm (6").