Daphne x transatlantica 'Eternal Fragrance'
Daphne x transatlantica 'Blafra'
Non-stop blooms from April to October make Daphne x transatlantica 'Eternal Fragrance' unbeatable for flowers and fragrance. This unusual semi-evergreen Daphne flowers on new growth, so they just keep coming! With a compact growth habit and deliciously sweet fragrance, this elegant shrub is perfect for planting in containers close to a doorway, where you will fully appreciate the fabulous heady fragrance as you pass. Height and spread: 90cm (36”). Supplied as 3-branched plant.
Daphne 'Eternal Fragrance' is protected by PBR and propagation is therefore prohibited.
Gardening news: Daphne 'Eternal Fragrance' wins gold award
Buddleja 'Buzz™ Ivory'
Buddleia, Butterfly Bush
A new twist on a much-loved garden favourite, ‘Buzz’™ is the world's first patio buddleja! These attractive, compact plants are loved by bees and butterflies, but won't take over your garden. Buddleja ‘™ Ivory’ is easy to grow and problem-free with a super long-flowering period. Perfectly proportioned for patio pots and smaller gardens. Height and spread: 120cm (47”).
- T&M exclusive breeding
- The best plant to attract butterflies to your garden
- Dwarf patio buddleja - won't take over your garden
- 15cm (6in) flowers the size of usual buddlejas, but plants are half the size
- Long-flowering, brightly-coloured blooms attract butterflies
- Easy to grow and problem-free
- Plants last more than 10 years
- Customer favourite
How to grow Buddleja Buzz™
Arbutus unedo 'Compacta', Cornus sanguinea 'Winter Flame', Viburnum opulus, Strawberry Tree, Common Dogwood, Snowball Shrub
Three spectacular shrubs which will provide a long season of interest in your garden from summer through until winter! From the graceful flowers of the Snowball Shrub to the fiery winter stems of Dogwood, these shrubs look superb as part of a mixed border or grown alone as specimen plants for a dramatic display. As an added bonus you will also receive a pack of Rootgrow to help your shrubs get off to the best start.
- Collection comprises 1 plant each of:
- Strawberry Tree - Leathery, evergreen foliage and peeling, cinnamon brown bark form a superb backdrop for the clusters of small, white, urn-shaped flowers in autumn. The dainty blooms give way to scarlet-red, edible fruits that only fully ripen in the following year on this compact shrub. Height and spread: 1.5m (5').
- Cornus sanguinea 'Winter Flame' - Cloaked in green foliage throughout summer, this upright shrub bears tiny white flowers followed by glossy black berries. By autumn the foliage turns to a fiery shade of red before falling to the ground to reveal spectacular orange, yellow and red stems. Height: 3m (10'). Spread: 2.5m (8').
- Viburnum opulus - Clusters of snowball flowers smother the stems of this large shrub in May and June, giving way to glossy, red berries in autumn. Vibrant green, maple-like foliage turns to shades of purple and red in the autumn. A good choice for attracting wildlife. Height: 5m (16'). Spread: 4m (13').
- Rootgrow™ - a specially formulated blend of UK origin mycorrhizal fungi which help develop a huge secondary mycorrhizal root system, supporting your plants for their entire lifetime, supplying nutrients that will greatly enhance flowering and fruiting.
Fuchsia 'Hawkshead' (Hardy)
This beautiful hardy fuchsia boasts dark green leafy stems, hung with dainty white flowers that are suffused with a trace of green at the tip. Upright and bushy, Fuchsia ‘Hawkshead’ blooms non-stop from early summer to autumn, growing in stature with the passing years. A lovely addition to borders and patio containers. Height and spread: 90cm (36”).
Culinary note: Some parts of these flowers are edible. For more details about edible flowers click here.
This hardy deciduous shrub deserves a prominent spot in garden borders. The fully double blooms of Philadelphus ‘Virginal’ unfurl their pure white petals in early summer to release the most exquisite ‘orange blossom’ perfume. Like all Mock Orange shrubs, this stunning variety attracts bees and other insects to its nectar rich flowers. With a vigorous, upright habit, Philadelphus makes a useful large shrub for wildlife and woodland gardens, and even copes well in coastal conditions. Height: 3m (10’). Spread: 2.5m (8’).
Fragrant Shrub Collection
Philadelphus 'Virginal', Ribes aureum, Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn'
Fill your borders with the colour and perfume of our Fragrant Shrubs Collection. These specially selected deciduous shrubs provide a long season of interest for your borders, attracting bees and other beneficial insects to the garden. Height: 3m (10’). Spread: 2.5m (8’).
- Collection comprises 1 each of:
- Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn' - Large clusters of pink tubular flowers are produced in winter on bare woody stems, perfuming the air with their sensational sweet fragrance.
- Phildaelphus 'Virginal' - Fully double blooms unfurl their pure white petals in early summer to release the most exquisite ‘orange blossom’ perfume.
- Ribes aureum - Early spring flowers of Ribes aureum are followed by edible black berries that often persist well into late summer.